Longer pump reach

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Longer pump reach

Post by sparr »

The hoses on a pump appear longer than the arm of a red inserter. It would be awesome if pumps could connect to a train car one space away rather than just adjacent.

This is a silly request, and I'm only making it because my current attempt at a "no blah blah blah pipes blah blah" rocket launch is being hampered by pump+refinery+pump being an odd number of tiles so it doesn't fit between two train tracks.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Longer pump reach

Post by Shokubai »

I have to ask...Why no pipes?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

You can't suggest a feature just to make a "challenge mode" possible. By that logic could I request that Solar Panels be made available right at the start of the game so I can do a "no water" run?
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Shokubai wrote:I have to ask...Why no pipes?
Same reason as no belts, no bots, no chests, etc. Makes for a fun design challenge.

As things stand now, I have to use barreling instead of pumps for half of my fluids, which is a significantly more tedious challenge.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:You can't suggest a feature just to make a "challenge mode" possible
Of course I can. It probably won't get implemented, but next time someone requests the same feature for a more serious reason, my post will be here to support them.
Deadly-Bagel wrote:By that logic could I request that Solar Panels be made available right at the start of the game so I can do a "no water" run?
That would be a trivially easy mod to write.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”