Nuclear Artillery

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dragontamer5788
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Nuclear Artillery

Post by dragontamer5788 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5jo7aZzTw

In the 1950s, the USA toyed with nuclear cannon shells. I feel like this should be implemented for the following reasons:

* Super-endgame at the moment seems to be a discussion of "Exoskeletons" (which has the benefits of the Nuclear Missile, a more powerful Flamethrower and increased speed) vs Tank (which has more slots for personal laser defense, since you aren't running exoskeletons). The balance point between the two is close, but Nuclear Weaponry is somewhat wasted on "Exoskeletons" due to low stack size, and low inventory. Exoskeletons will continue to have superior speed benefits over the Tank if Nuclear Artillery were added.

* The Tank's Main Cannon is stopped by Behemoth Biters. While it has great range, its basically only used for Worm Duty at the late game. It seems strange to me that the Tank of all things won't be using its main cannon more often. Depleted Uranium is great, but it is easily achieved and doesn't quite have the "punch" of Atomic-bomb weaponry.

--------

In any case, Nuclear Artillery would be one more "buff" to the Tank in the late game. But I really feel like the main cannon deserves a buff.

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Nuclear Artillery

Post by Cordylus »

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

+1
As we now got atomic bombs and artillery, delivering atomic bombs by artillery is just the next logical step to do.

Vykromod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vykromod »

How about instead of nuclear artillery shells, we get nuclear missile silos?

Give it much bigger range (both bigger attack range than artillery and bigger explosion range than handheld atomic bombs we have) and no auto mode. I'd rather have something that has at least slightly different mechanic and utility, instead of it being mixed into already existing artillery guns, and basically making the atomic bombs even more irrelevant. Plus, in my personal opinion when it comes to super-weapons, I prefer ballistic missiles instead of big guns.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”