New to Factorio and Suggestive ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DraLUSAD
Inserter
Inserter

New to Factorio and Suggestive ideas

Post by DraLUSAD »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, but a couple of days old to Factorio.

I bought the game due it being a very interesting and exciting concept, It came about after watching something new on Youtube, i watch his vids a lot of the time, his name is "Sips" from the "Yogscast"

Here are some screenies of me playing Factorio
Images of game play
I've even made some maps I've messed around with
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8acvdp9d7ib35 ... %20map.rar <- a Four player Competitive map (Yes i know MP is not working yet, I just thought it was cool)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/szgx0sfp8nm7hqw/SuperMaps.rar <- 4 basic maps on a 512x512 scale, ranging from being deforested, to heavy forested with large biter nests

little bit about me
I'm from the UK, and enjoy playing various of adventure, resource collecting and management games, such as "Minecraft", "Terraria", "OTTD" and "A Kingdom for Keflings"

Suggestive Ideas
  • Uranium Ore Deposits = Uranium ore is highly hazardous, and can kill you if you stay near its source too long
  • Hazmat Armour = Protects you from Uranium based Items
  • Fuel Rods needs +2 Iron Plates to produce 1 Fuel Rod = Fuel rods are needed to make Uranium Fuel rods to power certain buildings
  • Chemical plants are needed to purify uranium into Uranium rods, then supplied with Fuel Rods, will produce Uranium Fuel Rods
  • Cooling Pump Needs 1 Small Pump, 5 Processing Unit, 10 Pipe = Required to cool water to keep certain buildings cold
  • Nuclear Reactor (Recipe Unknown) = Burns Nuclear Fuel Rods to produce a larger amount of energy, also requires the cooling system to prevent it from going into Meltdown
    if its burning more than it can be cooled it may explode, will cause a 1000 Block radius explosion, and will destroy/kill anything in its path
  • Transport belt splitter = can split both ends and can reconnect to a full belt, this allows separation of materials if 1 type needs to be somewhere else
  • Rail Bridge = Can be placed over straight rails, allowing you to cross the tracks safely
  • Rail underground Tunnel = a simple straight underground tunnel for trains
  • Garage = when supplied with repair packs and powered, can heal vehicles
  • Air Port = an Automated Robotic airfield, like the rail & Train system but much faster
  • Robotic Plane = Can deliver goods far and wide, Needs electricity to function, recharges at any Air Ports
  • Helicopter = A player manned Heli, much faster than road vehicles, needs Electricity to function, can be recharged at any Air Port
  • shipyard = Like the Rail/Train system, but across Water
  • Cargo Ship = Can be supplied with large amounts of materials, slower than trains, can be powered by Electricity
  • Burner Tug = a Small boat that can be refueled by Coal or Wood, good for crossing large bodies of water
  • Suspension Rail bridges = Can be built across water and walked on
  • Suspension Rail Ramps = Required if building rails over water and can be connected on land

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New to Factorio and Suggestive ideas

Post by MalContentFL »

The nuclear reactor would need lead, and so would the hazmat suit for radiation protection. By the way, most of this stuff has been suggested. Anyway, cool base.
Last edited by MalContentFL on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New to Factorio and Suggestive ideas

Post by ssilk »

Hehe, just yesterday I posted about articles like that:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 878#p35878 :twisted:

Sorry, but I must say this as moderator: that's really interesting ideas here, but the problem with them is, that none is really new and the discussion about them tatters the original posts.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”