Diesel Lokomotive

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Diesel Lokomotive

Post by Shaymes »

we had a Diesel Lokomotive a looooooong time but in fact it was a Steam Lokomotive (ok without water) but now we have fluid tank wagons and with that its maybe time to get a real Diesel Lokomotive that runs with fluid Crude- light- Heavy-oil or Diesel with different acceleration bonus what maybe can unlocked after get flamables and lokomotive
Mining Drill Operator

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Diesel Lokomotive

Post by brunzenstein »

Shaymes wrote:we had a Diesel Lokomotive a looooooong time but in fact it was a Steam Lokomotive (ok without water) but now we have fluid tank wagons and with that its maybe time to get a real Diesel Lokomotive that runs with fluid Crude- light- Heavy-oil or Diesel with different acceleration bonus what maybe can unlocked after get flamables and lokomotive
Or even a electric locomotive?

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

hmmm electric will be nice too, but we need something to charge, maybe similar to the pump just for electricity
Mining Drill Operator

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Shaymes wrote:hmmm electric will be nice too, but we need something to charge, maybe similar to the pump just for electricity
You have generally poles wherever trains have its tracks

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

however, but i like the idea to have different trains with theryr own strenge and weeknes, like acceleration, max speed, traction, max distance etc or even refuel
Mining Drill Operator

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

with the change from energy_source to burner on locomotives, I don't think it would be possible to have an electric train anymore.

speaking from a modding perspective here.

you can however have a diesel locomotive... that burns barrels of fuel! you just need to add a fuel value and category to the barrel, and an output slot and you can even get barrels back!

And if you can do that with barrelled oil... you could add a fuel value and category to the battery, to have battery powered electric locomotives!!! And even return empty battery when done, so they can be recharged.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

bobingabout wrote:with the change from energy_source to burner on locomotives, I don't think it would be possible to have an electric train anymore.

speaking from a modding perspective here.

you can however have a diesel locomotive... that burns barrels of fuel! you just need to add a fuel value and category to the barrel, and an output slot and you can even get barrels back!

And if you can do that with barrelled oil... you could add a fuel value and category to the battery, to have battery powered electric locomotives!!! And even return empty battery when done, so they can be recharged.
Is the axle energy buffer still exposed? Hook that and you can make the train run on whatever you want.

My steam locomotive experiments didn't use the burner at all because I needed to have 2 inputs and it only allowed 1.

Also the diesel locomotive really was a diesel all along. Some of the earliest diesel engines to exist ran on solid fuel. The fuel was crushed to a fine powder, and fluidized using a stream of compressed air. These engines fell out of favor when diesel oil became available on the market though, as solid fuels tended to produce a gritty ash that would quickly wear out the engine's cylinder and valves.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”