Solution to inserters getting stuck loading cargo wagons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BLuehasia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Solution to inserters getting stuck loading cargo wagons

Post by BLuehasia »

thereaverofdarkness wrote:It doesn't seem that difficult to use separate inserters for different item types. If you're really trying to squeeze tiny amounts of many kinds of items onto one train wagon and you simply can't be bothered to extend the train and use more cargo wagons, then you can use logistics bots to load the train, or you can combine inserters and logistic bots. You can also make inserters work with multiple item types if you have only one inserter per item type.

For instance, you could load a cargo wagon with 1 stack regular magazines, 1 stack piercing magazines, 1 stack uranium magazines, and 10 stacks iron plates. You could have 3 inserters dedicated to putting iron plates on, and 1 inserter putting in the ammunition. Then you have 8 inserter positions remaining to fill the rest of the train.

If you want to change what you're putting on the train without going to the pickup facility, then you can change the cargo wagon's filters but if that's not enough, maybe you should consider taking one trip to change it when you realize the train isn't properly calibrated for your needs, or make a larger train for a long-term solution. I generally have trains move intermediate products, primarily just plates, gear wheels, or circuits. I can use those to make more complex things on-site. If it's more assemblers I need, it takes just a few seconds to craft a stack if I have the gear wheels and circuits already in inventory.
some people want up to say 40 items or going around if you got a train network optimized for L-W-W-L your max request chest you can place is 24.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”