Visual feedback of next signal when driving a train manually

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ashka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Visual feedback of next signal when driving a train manually

Post by ashka »

Currently when driving a train manually on an automated rail system, it is dangerous to go fast since you might miss a red/yellow signal and crash full speed into a train. It would be useful to see the next or the few next signals, so you can figure out if you need to slow down and consider how to react to blue signals. I have searched for mods and I haven't found anything that would do that; however this suggestion may be something that should not be in vanilla and should be a mod.

ray.garcia3519
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Visual feedback of next signal when driving a train manually

Post by ray.garcia3519 »

You can currently implement this yourself using lights and an arithmetic combinator; if you need a Blueprint string I can give a sample one that gives a giant stop light connected to a rail signal.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See viewtopic.php?f=80&t=7717 Can the player be killed by train? (Train kills?!)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ashka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ashka »

ray.garcia3519 wrote:You can currently implement this yourself using lights and an arithmetic combinator; if you need a Blueprint string I can give a sample one that gives a giant stop light connected to a rail signal.
Indeed! Thanks for the tip.
ssilk wrote:See viewtopic.php?f=80&t=7717 Can the player be killed by train? (Train kills?!)
I meant visual feedback as the driver, if you are linking this because you thought I meant as a player walking in front of a manual locomotive driven by another player.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”