Late Game Expansion

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

skyx700
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Late Game Expansion

Post by skyx700 »

I propose long range nuclear weapons, atomic weapons, or napalm that you can use through the map. You can already set build plans for bots to build through using the map so why not send missiles to blow up at that point or some other devastating device? I've got a massive base I've built with turrets lines along all its walls and all 3 power types. I've been wanting to expand my base further but I've set the map up to have the most difficult enemies with massive bases and clustered closely together. You guys recently added atomic bombs which is perfect for clearing them out and expanding but it's still a long and tedious process going nest to nest clearing them out and placing turrets down to prevent them from taking back the area. Being able to send missiles to an area in late game to get rid of nests would be extremely useful :twisted: . To make it balanced make the missiles expensive, and require the map to be discovered which would mean the player would need radars. And if the explosions are massive enough to reach the radars (which is preferred) then i'd say to add advanced radars that have a longer range so we can fire missiles further away without worry of them blowing up the close range radars that we currently have.

That's my 'end game' proposal for things we could get and use. Probably isn't too practical but it is useful for players who play on maps with large amounts of ore.

I'm playing on a custom map, and set myself up with two areas of land with water surrounding them both, the water could be called a moat. I built my factorio up piece by piece and it's quite unique. Running on all 3 power types, (I've got more power than i know what to do with), and currently and slowly expanding towards the second moat.
Attachments
Map overview of my current factory. 80+ hours, obviously a custom made map but my goal is to make production lines for everything.
Map overview of my current factory. 80+ hours, obviously a custom made map but my goal is to make production lines for everything.
Factorio1.png (632.72 KiB) Viewed 2158 times

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Late Game Expansion

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame

I recommend this mods (plural!): https://mods.factorio.com/?q=satellite

To your suggestion: I understand, what you want to achieve and played also some games that where looking like so. In my eyes the whole gameplay in this end-game-state needs to be thought through. There is a rough plan of the devs (see link above), but it's just a plan. That is the issue: The current gameplay lasts just to the start of the rocket. Not afterwards; that it works is just a nice feature. :)

In my eyes it's the community that can bring some ideas to enhance that idea. But keep always in mind the devs idea. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”