Movable Gui Window pans (Pinnables)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Movable Gui Window pans (Pinnables)

Post by supernet2 »

Forgot to make a request, please make the player GUI movable (IE i can drag and drop/move my gui, primarily the map, and the status bar, perhaps make it have pin able options? This is driving me nuts as a gui resize helps to allow me to see everything but at the same time, it takes away being unable to have this feature).

A good example, that would make sense is EVE ONLINE. Now that its free to play, you can beable to see what i mean by gui windows and pinnables. In essences the idea, Making all player windows (including tool bar) movable/pinnable (Moving and then locking in place with a Pin img upper right corner, and to minimize/make smaller (a minus box)

Reference --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1JKr7kF6c (Just any eve video will do, this one shows you how the guis are moveable & customizeable/resizeable to a extent) while also showing you can freely move the gui, and change its transparency for convenience.

If you thing this is a good idea, please post a +1 lets get the idea noticed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Movable Gui Window pans (Pinnables)

Post by Rseding91 »

The GUI system we use doesn't support the concept of pinning/resizing at all. Until that changes (a *lot* of work) it's simply not possible to pin/resize anything.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Much appreciated on the quit response on the possibilities, didn't take that into account. Non the less, if it does happen that would be amazing, but i also understand from a development viewpoint as the headache required. If it happens ill be excited. Anyway thanks for the response!

Neruz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neruz »

Hello!

So, after GUI changed a lot in the last three years (since this was answered) I would like to bring up again the idea of pining GUI windows. Especially the character window (which pops up in the middle of the screen) I move away almost every time to have my buildable and reachable area visible. That would also help to increase usability of bigger screens (like ultra wide screens) for something, bringing the windows to the sides.

So my question is: Is it, from a developer point of view, still not feasible to implement a e.g. "pin here" button in the top right corner next to e.g. "search" and "close"?

Many thanks and stay healthy! ;)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Nothing has changed about the GUI that would make pinning or resizing windows viable.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”