Logistic networks status page

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Logistic networks status page

Post by Mr. Tact »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I'm feeling lazy and decided not to look first.

On the "L" page (Logistic networks) under the Member tab -- shouldn't the number of repair packs in the Roboports be listed there? It would certainly be a convenience to me.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logistic networks status page

Post by Tekky »

As far as I know, the repair packs inside roboports do not count as being part of the logistic network, because they are only available to the robots in that roboport. I am not sure, though.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Wow -- this works in a weird way. If there are construction robots and repair packs in the same roboport, they will travel anywhere in the connected network to repair things. But if the robots and repair packs are in different roboports, then the damaged item will not be repaired. The network will report there are no repair packs despite the fact there are repair packs in a connected Roboport in the network. Worse, the robot doesn't return to where it came from, so even if this was a desired behavior, it is messed up when the robot goes to do the work, and then returns to the nearest roboport and deposits it's left over repair packs. Is there a logic here I am overlooking? This appears to be a broken behavior. It seems to me the construction robots in the network should be able to see any repair packs in roboports in the connected network.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I also find it strange. However, I never found this to be an issue, since repair packs are inexpensive. I always have a few lying around in a logistics storage chest.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Mr. Tact wrote: It seems to me the construction robots in the network should be able to see any repair packs in roboports in the connected network.
Forgot... and hence, I should see the number of repair packs in the roboports on the network member status page... :mrgreen:

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Also, it would be useful if when in the normal and map views, if you hover your cursor over a roboport, that among the information displayed is the network # which the roboport is part of.

Even better would be if you could jump from a network in the "L" display to a map of the roboports in that network.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”