Need a priority craft hotkey

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Need a priority craft hotkey

Post by MiniHerc »

So I've queued up a few hundred of something early game, say belts in groups of 5. And then about a third of the way in, I realize I need something of x right now. As it is, my only options are to either wait for the rest to finish crafting or spam shift-r-click a few dozen times to cancel the crafting queue.

We need a hotkey for priority crafting, so whatever we try to craft with that hotkey is crafted right now and the rest of the manual crafting queue is shuffled after.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Need a priority craft hotkey

Post by Tekky »

I fully agree.

However, this has already been suggested many times, for example two months ago in this thread. I suggest you post in that thread, instead of moving the discussion to this thread.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

We've discussed this internally and came to the conclusion we don't want to change it because it discourages mass hand crafting - you should automate the production of the items you need :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

Rseding91 wrote:We've discussed this internally and came to the conclusion we don't want to change it because it discourages mass hand crafting - you should automate the production of the items you need :)
You... Monster!

PS: Maybe we could have research queuing then?
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

It doesn't really discourage mass hand crafting. Remember: you can only craft one item at a time while all the machines together can craft thousands.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”