Display tech research changes on all items applicable

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Display tech research changes on all items applicable

Post by Jon8RFC »

The laser turret reflects the improved shooting speed and damage, based on the research performed, but other items do not. It does not showcase the improvement, however, just the new value.

Please show, when hovering over the item in menu or when deployed, that a mining drill is +2% productivity when level 1 research has been performed, and 32% when three 10% productivity modules are inserted. This would also apply to other areas, like the science labs, because I only see that my speed is improved by productivity modules. On that note, I have no idea what the original laser turret damage and speed are, because I've not seen them in so long. Changing that, and others, to reflect the gains would be nice. When you drop in modules, you get a nice +/- percentage, but you don't see or know what the research has contributed to any of those items.

The fruits of your labor are shown with large bases, multiple rockets launched, and lots of items flowing on belts. However, the tech research to improve individual items shows nothing unless you want to look at each level, get the percentages (which I'm assuming are compounded, but that is an unknown as well, and I'd have to do the math both ways to be sure), and do the math to find out the fun information of "this is overall x% improved because of all the research and resources I put towards it!" I'd really enjoy seeing that information!

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Display tech research changes on all items applicable

Post by Jon8RFC »

Bump, thanks for the mining drill addition!

Any chance we can see this elsewhere? I have no idea what my robots' original and current speeds are, for example, in addition to other technology researched.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”