[Ease of Use] Shift+Mouse Drag to Open Bulk Chests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Ease of Use] Shift+Mouse Drag to Open Bulk Chests

Post by redlabel »

So today I was trying to look at the contents of a bunch of yellow storage chests and realized how annoying it is to look at every individual chest.

My suggestion would be to be able to look at the contents of all the chests using shift+mouse click (left click?). Chests could either open one by one next to each other (maybe make the selection box limited to 5x5?) or even better, show it as a single gigantic box entity. Just like you see when you remove categories from the item crafting menu. There could also be options for this.

Anyway, just thought this could be very convenient. Some of us don't like having a bunch of potentially useful stuff laying around. Particularly in late stages of the game. And since I'm pushing for new things to do in the late game and for the possibility of Factorio "campaigns" to last up to a week (with new content probably) I would like to have this addressed at some point.

Cheers,
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Ease of Use] Shift+Mouse Drag to Open Bulk Chests

Post by ssilk »

Why do you need to look inside? I just hover the chest, to see what's inside. Also the ALT-mode is a great help.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”