Inventary - number of producible products instead of recipes

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Inventary - number of producible products instead of recipes

Post by arl85 »

Inventory shows the number of available recipes instead of products.
For example, currently if you have only 1 iron plate and 1 iron gear wheel a single recipe for transport belt is available (1 transport belt)
but, since that recipe produces 2 transport belts, if you click on it you receive two transport belts.

My suggestion for that case is to show "2" next to transport belt recipe, or, in general, the total number of producible products, instead of recipes.

(sorry, I know an image would explain it better, but at the moment, I'm @work)
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Inventary - number of producible products instead of rec

Post by sillyfly »

But then you would run into the opposite problem - the menu would show you "1" when you can't actually make any, because you only have enough ingredients to make "half a recipe".
Plus - for some things this number actually makes sense - when would you need an odd number of underground belts or underground pipes?

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

sillyfly wrote:But then you would run into the opposite problem - the menu would show you "1" when you can't actually make any, because you only have enough ingredients to make "half a recipe".
Good point. But in this case it should show "0" because you cannot craft half a recipe
sillyfly wrote: Plus - for some things this number actually makes sense - when would you need an odd number of underground belts or underground pipes?
yes,that's true. One of the things I found most confusing at the beginning was why you can build only one end of an underground belt. Now I understood that when you build two of them they "auto-connect" if close enough.
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theit8514 »

sillyfly wrote:Plus - for some things this number actually makes sense - when would you need an odd number of underground belts or underground pipes?
When biters destroy one half of a pipe/underground and you have to place a new one down. When this happens i usually put the odd-man-out down and shoot it so I don't have to deal with it anymore. 8-)

BluetoothThePirate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BluetoothThePirate »

theit8514 wrote:
sillyfly wrote:Plus - for some things this number actually makes sense - when would you need an odd number of underground belts or underground pipes?
When biters destroy one half of a pipe/underground and you have to place a new one down. When this happens i usually put the odd-man-out down and shoot it so I don't have to deal with it anymore. 8-)
Well, no, what I do there is put the other one in a storage chest so the next time it happens a construction robot will replace it for me. Seriously, who is going around placing buildings by hand, that's robot's work. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”