Extra resource sink

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Extra resource sink

Post by BenSeidel »

In many of my games I tend to either have too much iron or too much copper and an abundance of coal with usually the "right amount" of oil (I don't spend much time looking for and setting up oil outposts, at least in early and & game) and chests full of wood.

If there was a way to create additional research packs using different ratio of the base resources then we could use the extra resources instead of having them unmined or sitting in chests.

This could be implemented just using the hi-tec pack, with additional 4 recipes, each having a skew towards one of the base resources. Eg, one that uses 1/3 the iron of the base but 6x more copper, and one that uses 1/4 of both the iron and copper but uses 3x more plastic bars, etc.
Last edited by Kayanor on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title typo

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Exrta resource sink

Post by AileTheAlien »

You could try this mod that adds a trash-can type chest, although I'm not sure it it still works with the current version of the game. If you find yourself with too many resources of one type, you could put down extra mines or oil pumps, to get the resources you're short on. Alternately, you could try changing the resource settings of the game, when you start your new map. :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Extra resource sink

Post by ssilk »

Hm, we already had such suggestions (replacement recipes) and till now I found them not so sexy. But it remembers me just to the card game "The Settlers" (I played on weekend), where I could use three cards of the same type as"joker" to replace one iron for example. That was fun. And so it could be in Factorio...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I prefer the option to turn it into Heavy / Light Oil or Petroleum. It's an "infinite" resource so technically it's not affecting the balance of the game but it would become pretty much the most valuable resource in the game.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

It would be nice to be able to trade surplus resources for other resources, using rockets to trade with other planets. I believe I once saw a mod which allows for that.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”