Nuclear bomb aka nuke and atomic silo

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dentragder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Nuclear bomb aka nuke and atomic silo

Post by Dentragder »

So, basically I've been thinking how much time it takes to kill those pesky bugs surrounding your base everywhere. Here is what I eventally got - just nuke that fuckers off the face of the earth. The system here is the same like we build a silo but we will be able to choose which rocket or module we install in it. Then we build a rocket control center and set up coordinates for the nuke, and after that we press the big red button and huge devastatiing nuclear storm wipes out nasty shrimps. Rocket makes amazing waste level and bugs then mutate even more. Thus we have additional difficulty level and stumulus to play further trying to survive and escape those godzilla-like shrimps. Thats all folks. Please make a note about it because it goes well with nuclear power plants also.
Last edited by ssilk on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic: Fixed typo

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Neclear bomb aka nuke and atomic silo

Post by Mendel »

+1

Gimme a really expensive, really effective late game way to deal with them bugs. I´d rather spend a LOT of resources on killing them than spending a lot of time on dealing with them with ordinary weapons and turret creeping.

Nich
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nich »

+1

I though it was really fun until I attempted clearing a chunk of land large enough to actually use a train effectively.

Metzger43
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metzger43 »

I like this idea a lot. Especially the mutation in the biters. That would be a great motivation to not use nukes in the first place, and it also makes for a more interesting and more difficult late game if you have stronger more aggressive biters

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

I've pondered doing something like this for a while, but I find it hard to justify when I've already got all my ion cannons in orbit, poised to strike at any location of my choosing. :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Supercheese wrote:I've pondered doing something like this for a while, but I find it hard to justify when I've already got all my ion cannons in orbit, poised to strike at any location of my choosing. :)
Nuclear Silo vs Ion Cannon? I want a Scud Storm. :lol:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nuclear bomb aka nuke and atomic silo

Post by ssilk »

A year ago I used some mod, that added such cannons. viewtopic.php?f=211&t=12447
I modded it a bit for me to have much wider radius and took less CPU and so on.

On one side that was really fun: That mod needed such incredible much items and then organizing the delivery to the "artillery stations".
But after creating the 20th artillery station this becomes soon boring. It wasn't much fun anymore. For my luck at that time the Ion-Cannon came out and that brought again some fun into the game.

So my learning from that was, that a combination of Ion-Cannon, which needs much resources (items and/or power) would be a quite nice game-element.

For example I think this basic model would work quite nicely:
- Send Ion-Cannons onto space (like now)
- Some radar like device will reveal biter nests (like now), but in a much wider radius (and "true" radius: round circle!), up to 1000 tiles around.
- For each shoot you need to produce ridiculous amounts of energy (let's say the production of a 500x500 solar field of one day)
- that energy is sent to the satellites by a ground station. A ground station can serve 1 satellite at a time and it takes 1 minute to load it in the best case. There is an advanced version which is very expensive, about the price of two rockets, which can serve 5 at a time.

I think the point is this: You suddenly need 100 times more energy, which can be together with the nuclear power which comes in 0.15 a quite interesting challenge.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”