Combat robots in armor slots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Combat robots in armor slots

Post by mattj256 »

TL;DR: Make an entity that can dispatch combat robots and fits into armor slots, similar to the personal roboport.

The original suggestion: stop construction bots from entering combat.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41342

The problem: construction robots repeatedly follow each other into combat and die, over and over again, until all construction robots are dead.
My suggestion: let player or vehicle armor dispatch combat robots automatically, as long as combat robots are available in the inventory.

A secondary problem is that clicking 100 times to release 100 combat robots is annoying. I would like this to be automated.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Combat robots in armor slots

Post by ssilk »

My current opinion about this is, that it should be enabled to turn on/off devices in the power-suit-slots. One keypress and personal roboport is off. For example. See for example: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mknejp/p ... ort-switch
I found that mod very practical (even if it is not bug-free yet).
This also super-useful for the night-vision. Or the exo-skeleton. :) (See for example viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22305 Walking on Belts (New Power Armor module))

For your second suggestion (you should make them really into two suggestions!): I click only once, until I have enough.
How will you automate that, how many numbers should be released then if this is automated?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”