Robports marked for deconstruction should stop charging them

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Robports marked for deconstruction should stop charging them

Post by ichVII »

As written above, a roboport should stop charging itself once it gets marked for deconstruction.

This would make it possible to deconstruct a roboport based base, which is still connected to power. Im having an issue with this (bots Standing still at the roboport). As most People place the roboport in the middle of such a base it might not be a General Problem, but if you expand a wal with bots, this Problem can appear.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Robports marked for deconstruction should stop charging them

Post by DaveMcW »

Roboports have a large internal battery, that is not your problem.

The problem is the roboport's construction area disappears when it is marked for deconstruction.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The best idea we (the community) currently have are construction and deconstruction priorities. For construction for example first the poles, then roboports, assemblies, inserters, belts... for deconstruction the power and roboports at last.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

None of those would fix my Problem, as the robport is connected to the power net and only looses ist construction range if the internal puffer reaches Zero, not when ist marked for deconstruction (at least with the mods im playing, i do not know if this is true in vanilla). As my roboport is marked for deconstruction, but still has power it still thinks ist operating. But as everything else has been taken down, there is no storage left to this System. Hence robots, who are supposed to go to the next roboport just stand there and wait+recharge all over.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

ichVII wrote:None of those would fix my Problem, as the robport is connected to the power net and only looses ist construction range if the internal puffer reaches Zero, not when ist marked for deconstruction
Obvious reasons: If it would loose it's construction range it would loose also it's deconstruction range and would not be able to deconstruct all the other roboports you eventually marked for deconstruction. :)
(at least with the mods im playing, i do not know if this is true in vanilla). As my roboport is marked for deconstruction, but still has power it still thinks ist operating. But as everything else has been taken down, there is no storage left to this System. Hence robots, who are supposed to go to the next roboport just stand there and wait+recharge all over.
Well, I thought also some hours over this problem (played through several solutions), but I didn't found a good idea with the current game mechanics and how it is implemented in detail. But many discussions about this and maybe with the next one I will make a link-collection around this.
For example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41746 Special consturction bots for personal roboport

And I think we as community come here to limits to make a useful suggestion and should instead point to this isssue, that it should be fixed somehow. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”