Suggestion : Silos

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SnailsAttack
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Suggestion : Silos

Post by SnailsAttack »

As it stands, there are not too many ways to store items. You have wooden, iron, and steel chests, and some vehicle inventories. I think that there should be a new way to store items.

I won't go into the details of it, but I think that the player should be able to construct a building called a silo. It would be able to hold an ENORMOUS amount of items. These items can only be accessed using inserters to insert or pull items from the silo. Once a certain type of item is in a silo, other items of a different type cannot be put inside.

I'm not sure what else to say for it. It should require a lot of resources, probably lots of steel. There could be different types for different game tiers. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Eliont
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Suggestion : Silos

Post by Eliont »

[MOD 0.14] Warehousing v0.0.11
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=17295

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General to Suggestions.

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=23008 Warehouse / Depot / Storage / Stock (and related)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I have used the warehouse mod. In my opinion there are quite limited uses for huge warehouses. It is easy to put couple of hundreds of thousands of surplus stuff in warehouses, but in most cases I have replaced them with void chests and got rid of junk I never really need and made more compact and aesthetic production cells. I have not found need for huge storage. It is more effective to let the logistic lines backlog and delay pollution and energy consumption. Coal storage of massive power plants are exception because I play without accumulators (almost, I allow one accumulator per laser turret). And of course there are other mod sets and play styles, so I do not resist this idea. Maybe 6x1 sized magazine for rail platforms would give quality of life compared to separate chests and combinator logics. But on the other hand, after that there would be no much use for combinators.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”