Mod activation

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

98coolmen
Inserter
Inserter

Mod activation

Post by 98coolmen »

What do you think about the idea to ask the player (if they are using different mods for different save files ) to activate the specific mods he used for the save before and deactivate the mods he didn't use the last time you can then choose : I want to play with the current mods or I want to play with the save specific mods.

What do you think.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mod activation

Post by Rseding91 »

I found the idea really annoying because it would ask you every time you go to load a save file that didn't match your active mods (or if you just updated your mods).

I instead added a button to the load-game screen that does the syncing if you want it otherwise it works like it does now: just loads with what ever mods you currently have active.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

98coolmen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 98coolmen »

I think you don't play with different mods so often but when you play another file you must change it by hand in this case you let the game change it when you add mods to the save no problem but you don't have activated a mod you normally have activated in this save will be activated.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

The button sounds like the best option. Otherwise there is no way to get new mods added or old mods removed.

Rseding, is there a command-line switch to do this? to go along with the load save game switch? That would remove the (current) need to have multiple config folders for different mod configs.

Thanks!

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

I realised last night that the reason I have the different configs is to separate my save games, not to separate my mod lists, so my above statement about requiring the config workaround at the moment is incorrect.

However a command line switch to load the mods in a save game would still be awesome! (I'm talking about working in conjunction with the --load-game parameter).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”