thermostat maybe?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

troytech
Inserter
Inserter

thermostat maybe?

Post by troytech »

id like a way to read temperature into a circuit. there are also a ton of things id like to be able to read as well like distance and whats in the network(both bots and items) but one thing we cannot monitor is temperature right now.

btw ive tried finding where to put this but everywhere ive tried it tells me i cant.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: thermostat maybe?

Post by DaveMcW »

It's possible with advanced combinator strats.

If you pump 1 tick of 100 degree fluid through a small pump into a steam engine, it will produce enough energy to run a combinator for 2550 ticks. Store the energy in an accumulator.

Use an arithmetic combinator adding 1 to itself, and you can measure how many ticks it actually ran to compute the temperature.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General to Suggestions.

There are mods for this!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

stm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by stm »

I would have liked to have have that in vanilla too. But I assume it will be redundant when steam is created instead of warm/hot water in 0.15, isn't it? So will there even be a temperature anymore? Otherwise it would be nice because it would enable one to fill a tank with 100° Water with just one boiler (and a pump). You propably can do that by using a clocking mechanism as well but that can get quite complicated, especially if fuel supply has gaps and/or you are mixing fuels.

If water isn't heated anymore it could still be used to discriminate between water & Oil in a pipe which would be quite cool for multiplexing a single pipe, but I don't think that would work without attaching the measurement directly to a pipe segment (And this propably isn't what you are supposed to be able to do anyway).

Just my opinion
Stm

troytech
Inserter
Inserter

Post by troytech »

DaveMcW wrote:It's possible with advanced combinator strats.

If you pump 1 tick of 100 degree fluid through a small pump into a steam engine, it will produce enough energy to run a combinator for 2550 ticks. Store the energy in an accumulator.

Use an arithmetic combinator adding 1 to itself, and you can measure how many ticks it actually ran to compute the temperature.
or they could slap a thermostat on a pipe and have it output temp?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”