Tooltip for assembly showing "item/sec"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

vtx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Tooltip for assembly showing "item/sec"

Post by vtx »

Would be easier to setup thing without the use of external calculator. Can be place in tooltip item/sec when you hover an assembly machine with your mouse.
As example :
MK1 = 1 gear/sec
MK2 = 1.5 gear/sec
MK3 = 2.5 gear/sec

So for Science pack 1 ( how many you can place considering each MK use as gear )

MK1 = 0.1 sp1/sec ( 10 / 15 / 25 )
MK2 = 0.15 sp1/sec ( 6.6 / 10 / 16.6 )
MK3 = 0.25 sp1/sec ( 4 / 6 / 10 )

That will also take into consideration placing module into it.

--- edited on suggestion of Deadly-Bagel ---
Last edited by vtx on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Some idea

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Eh. You immediately know when you're on an island so just press Esc and click Restart. You only lose a few seconds loading.

I don't have a problem with doing vanilla calculations in my head but when working with mods trying to calculate the output of a dozen 2.75 speed machines on an item with a craft time of 0.7s... yeah it's tedious. Just a note that this would want to be in the tooltip of the machine itself for the current recipe.

Can I point out that this forum sees a LOT of suggestions, using a specific subject will help in getting this noticed. Imagine if you had to go through 500 requests and all of them were called "My Idea" or "Easier System" or similarly vague subjects, you have to go into each one individually and read through the post for context. Not only does this allows easy screening of bad ideas, but with a short, descriptive subject (eg "Items / Second in Tooltip") we have a context when reading the suggestion so it's faster and easier to interpret.

Also it is best not to bundle ideas (there's also a rule about it), it causes a dozen problems for management. Say one idea gets implemented but not the other, do they move it to Implemented Suggestions? Say both your ideas spark a discussion, it then becomes a mess as both (unrelated) discussions keep "talking over" each other and if you're only interested in one it's much more of a chore to read through. If you're interested in both then it's harder to keep track of them at the same time.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”