Robo Port Upgrade Feature

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DraLUSAD
Inserter
Inserter

Robo Port Upgrade Feature

Post by DraLUSAD »

So there i was, looking around my Messy Base, looking at all the machines and belts with different colours, and wondered, "Upgrading all these is going to take some time", then i thought, Why not the Constructor bots do it for me?

Idea here is that the Robo port should get an "Upgrade Parameter" which within the constructor bots Range allows the function to Upgrade things around its (multiple) location
Setting to upgrade belts from yellow (or red) to blue, will allow bots to collect blue belts (or underground/splitters) and replace the current ones requested
this also applies to the assemblers, from White (or blue) to yellow, ect, this allows you more time to plan and work, wiles your inner infrastructure is being upgraded (this could also work for existing turrets if you have a lot but can wire them up accordingly)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Robo Port Upgrade Feature

Post by ssilk »

There are some mods, that do that already: https://mods.factorio.com/?q=upgrade
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Problem with that mod is it deconstructs everything first, then replaces it with the upgraded version. This is fine for inserters, not too bad for assemblers, but belts? A main bus can have thousands of resources on it which all ends up being taken to storage, something that takes an extremely long time to do.

Bots need to be able to fast-replace.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I'm still working Belt Upgrader. It effectively simulates fast replacement. The trick is just limiting the rate so match how many belts actually are available.

yodamester
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yodamester »

I would be happy if I get an item something like the decontruct planner but it works for upgrade belt. So I just pulling a rectangular and all the belts, splitters, underground belts will be selected for replace for red or blue ones. Is it possible, that the dev team will put this into the game? I am not using mods, so replacing all the main bus, smelter lines, balancers for red first then blue later on one by one is very boring job, but must to do.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

yodamester wrote:I would be happy if I get an item something like the decontruct planner but it works for upgrade belt. So I just pulling a rectangular and all the belts, splitters, underground belts will be selected for replace for red or blue ones. Is it possible, that the dev team will put this into the game? I am not using mods, so replacing all the main bus, smelter lines, balancers for red first then blue later on one by one is very boring job, but must to do.
You could add sl-extended to your savefile.

It has an improved upgrade planner:
Up-edit: set From and To entities. > apply
Up-on: press up-off so it becomes up-on
drag the 'enabled upgrade planner'=deconstruction-planner + UP-on
every entities instantly upgrades with items from the player's inventory.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

yodamester wrote:I would be happy if I get an item something like the decontruct planner but it works for upgrade belt. So I just pulling a rectangular and all the belts, splitters, underground belts will be selected for replace for red or blue ones. Is it possible, that the dev team will put this into the game? I am not using mods, so replacing all the main bus, smelter lines, balancers for red first then blue later on one by one is very boring job, but must to do.
I wrote my Belt Upgrader mod to do exactly that. It's vanilla enough that it can run on a vanilla server without needing to download it as a mod.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”