Nintendo Switch port possibility

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Linkzell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nintendo Switch port possibility

Post by Linkzell »

Recent news says that Nintendo claims that game producers should be able to port most PC games to the Switch in under a year. Nintendo has little to no RTS style games for sale and I believe that Factorio would be a good fit. Think about it

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Nintendo Switch port possibility

Post by Rseding91 »

The switch barely meets the minimum requirements to play the game and the resolution is garbage on it. Plus, it has no keyboard and mouse which means the entire control scheme doesn't work.

It's not likely to ever happen.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Linkzell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linkzell »

I was not aware that 1080p, 60fps was bad resolution. Also, I don't know witch is worse: the immediate disregard for what seems to be "oh, it's Nintendo", or the fact that your approach to my topic really shows me you could care less what your players of your game think.

"I'm sorry, but we are currently not interested in the Switch. Thank you for the imput." Is that to hard to say?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Rseding just writes what is on his mind, which sometimes comes out little bit rude, but is ment to be just plain statement.
We currently have no plans for porting the game to Nintendo Switch and I believe if we ever decide to do a port to other platforms, Switch won't be the first to consider. I am sorry.

Linkzell
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Linkzell »

Thanks, means a lot. You guys are killing it. Keep it up.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”