Six games additions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Six games additions

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Nº1
Bulldozer - without weapons and with little resistance against enemies
This machine has the objective to quickly destroy / clean paths of trees and stones without the return of the raw material and constant speed
This is the best way to clear space for a factory
Nº2
Recycle machine - machine that destroy objects Unnecessary all players have objects to eliminate
Nº3
wind generator
Nº4
Electric fluid engine big - the game have an small and must be one big
Nº5
Towers fire flames - change pipe supply for 2 Barrels 1 light oil and another heavy oil
Nº6
Oil well - Change values ​​to efficiency by quantity I think is hard to see when it is exhausted
Last edited by Koub on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected addiction > addition in the subject

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Six games additions

Post by ssilk »

Thank you for the ideas. Some comments from me as moderator:
Sonik-HSC wrote:Nº1
Bulldozer - without weapons and with little resistance against enemies
This machine has the objective to quickly destroy / clean paths of trees and stones without the return of the raw material and constant speed
This is the best way to clear space for a factory
A lot of ideas:
search.php?keywords=Bulldozer&fid%5B0%5D=6
Recycle machine - machine that destroy objects Unnecessary all players have objects to eliminate
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=21278 Recycling/Disassembling of Waste / Scrap / Trash
wind generator
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5 Electric energy
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=31440 Ideas Around Energy Production: Solar, Wind, Water, Nuclear, Fusion ...

Electric fluid engine big - the game have an small and must be one big
Dito.
Towers fire flames - change pipe supply for 2 Barrels 1 light oil and another heavy oil
Nice idea, unfortunately it goes under here. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3394 Read this OR be ignored!
Oil well - Change values ​​to efficiency by quantity I think is hard to see when it is exhausted
Dito.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Dito.[/quote]

ssilk what means " Dito " im not recognize that synonymous Sorry my English... Im Portuguese ;-)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Oh, sorry. I thought that "dito" is international. Dito means "the same".

I found that:
https://pt.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/dito
In English and German it explains this, I hope it does it so in Portuguese ...

I remember this story: once we ordered pizza. An intern goes around and asked who wants what. My college said "pizza diablo" and I said "dito". After some minute the intern comes back to me "they said in the pizza service there is no pizza 'dito'..."
:lol:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

"Dito" in English would be pronounced "die-tow", as it ends in a vowel and there is no double-consonent to cancel it the "i" is pronounced as it is named (as in "die"). This rule is more complex but that's the basics.

The English spelling is "Ditto", the double "t" cancels out the above rule.

A good example is "Bite" ("buy-t") and "Bitten" ("bit-en").

Anyway. A bulldozer or similar machine has been requested for a while but grenades are cheap and without any research I think two of them are enough to kill trees in a large area. They take a little while to craft so set up an assembler somewhere, and make sure you stand back when throwing them.

My thoughts on wind generators is... why? We have solar as a free energy source, wind offers no difference other than being unreliable so why would you bother with it?

Oil Wells don't have a quantity, they have a rate at which they provide oil. The more oil you consume, the lower that rate drops but never below 0.1/s (with 0.15 this will probably be higher, relative to the original rate of supply). Once it hits that value it will infinitely provide oil at that rate, how would you display that in a fixed quantity in a way that makes sense to someone not familiar with the system?
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Sonik-HSC
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sonik-HSC »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:"Dito" in English would be pronounced "die-tow", as it ends in a vowel and there is no double-consonent to cancel it the "i" is pronounced as it is named (as in "die"). This rule is more complex but that's the basics.

The English spelling is "Ditto", the double "t" cancels out the above rule.

A good example is "Bite" ("buy-t") and "Bitten" ("bit-en").

Anyway. A bulldozer or similar machine has been requested for a while but grenades are cheap and without any research I think two of them are enough to kill trees in a large area. They take a little while to craft so set up an assembler somewhere, and make sure you stand back when throwing them.

My thoughts on wind generators is... why? We have solar as a free energy source, wind offers no difference other than being unreliable so why would you bother with it?

Oil Wells don't have a quantity, they have a rate at which they provide oil. The more oil you consume, the lower that rate drops but never below 0.1/s (with 0.15 this will probably be higher, relative to the original rate of supply). Once it hits that value it will infinitely provide oil at that rate, how would you display that in a fixed quantity in a way that makes sense to someone not familiar with the system?
yes there is one huge difference between solar energy and wind energy. the wind works 24h and solar no! If we look in the game there is always wind... ;-)
and it will put more complete game and variety... :-)

the grenades we are wasting resources to make tha and if we fail target and it by accident our factoryt and the bulldozer no! is forever unless is destroyed by enemy

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Yeah but once you get bots it's WAY quicker and easier to use them to clear a forest so the bulldozer would become another relic. Grenades cost a little bit of iron and coal, it's not a big deal.

As for wind power, you would need to balance it with solar power (if one is better there will be zero reason to use the other) to provide the same average power per tile. Wind might be 24/7 but its speed changes to provide variable power, so you would still need to make use of accumulators for times when there is little wind. So now that they both require the same accumulators and produce the same power per tile... what's the point in having both?
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”