Circuit Education

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Samael1105
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Circuit Education

Post by Samael1105 »

Hello,

I am a new player. I've been really enjoying the game. The only thing I'm having trouble with is Circuit Networks. Actually, having trouble might not be the right term. The real issue is just that I don't understand how to use them. This isn't so much a problem with the game as a lack of knowledge of circuitry on my part, but it occurs to me that many players might not have much experience with electric circuits before playing. Given that Circuit Networks are unlocked really early in the game, I would assume that they would have uses relatively early too, but without any introduction to them, I find I'm kind of hesitant to even try using them. I realize that experimentation is an aspect of the game, but I'm unsure where to begin.

My suggestion is that a new campaign element be added to introduce Circuit Networks. It doesn't need to be part of the Main Campaign, but just something to help new players understand the basic mechanics and uses of circuit networks would be nice.

I'm willing to bet someone else has already suggested something like this, but I couldn't find anything with a basic search of the forum, so I thought I'd put this up myself. Just consider it a suggestion.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Circuit Education

Post by Tekky »

I also had a lot of trouble to understand circuit networks, when I started playing. Only after reading lots of information on the internet was I able to fully understand how they work.

Therefore, I agree with your suggestion that there should be some kind of "advanced tutorial", which at least teaches you the basics of circuit networks.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Circuit Education

Post by ssilk »

AFAIK something like "training levels" is planned in one or another form.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”