Extended goals post-rocket gameplay.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Naveronasis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Extended goals post-rocket gameplay.

Post by Naveronasis »

I would like to propose an extended game-play for somewhat of a post-game challenge.

The game could come up with progressively more difficult production demands your expected to meet, and then maintain.

Example... you launch the rocket then the game could pop up and say...

"Produce 100 generators per minute"
then after you meet that goal you need to maintain it... and then are given another goal(s).
"Now also produce 500 red circuits per minute"
on and on... an existing goal could also increase instead of a new goal such as "okay now produce 1000 red circuits" etc. You can only complete a new production goal by maintaining the prior goal.

Perhaps it COULD curb exponential resource demand by only requiring so many simultaneous tasks at once... Like only the last 10 goals need to be maintained to get a new goal then the oldest production goal gets retired. IDK just a thought.

As far as how to work storage into this equation since this could mean mass producing things you wont ever use, perhaps goods could be shipped off the planet in your rocket in exchange for some lesser amount of raw resources.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Extended goals post-rocket gameplay.

Post by deepdriller »

That's what the supply challenge is, which you find under Play->Custom Scenarios->base/supply.
Freeplay is supposed to be, well, free play. You're not bound by any goal, except for the rocket silo (and even then not really). Putting this additional challenge at the end seems to me kind of forced.

Nubm2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nubm2 »

How about a extended the rocket phase? Your first rocket sucks and you launch a test satelite into low orbit. It wont stay for long (a few ingame days maybe) and will return to the surface where it has to be retrieved (position shown on the map). Every satelite gives you technology to research, to upgrade your rocket. When your rocket is upgraded enough you can start launching other things into a stable orbit, like space station modules, which will build a star ship. Then you need to launch up fuel and - finally - yourself to escape the planet and win the game. Getting some additional space tech along the way too that helps with the freeplay part, and of course you don't have to leave if you don't want to.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

Something like that is already planned, or at least, was planned. If the devs are going to stop adding content after nuclear power, they should make sure this can be modded in.

Naveronasis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Naveronasis »

deepdriller wrote:That's what the supply challenge is, which you find under Play->Custom Scenarios->base/supply.
Freeplay is supposed to be, well, free play. You're not bound by any goal, except for the rocket silo (and even then not really). Putting this additional challenge at the end seems to me kind of forced.
Well, (and to be fair you kinda covered it in your second post), the supply challenge isn't quite the same thing because its time limited. What I'm suggesting is an infinite mode, you don't HAVE to do these things it just gives you the goal. I like being able to play infinitely but I want to do so without being either pressured for time. But in current free-play once you build the rocket you sort of lose a sense of purpose. This would give you an optional purpose to play forever.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”