Delete everything

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lankster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Delete everything

Post by Lankster »

Delete shouldn't be a mystery on how it works.

Putting the "X" in a chest should be DELETE/Destroy the items. or a skull pic next to the "X"

When in Edit Map mode Mouse+Delete button should delete ANYTHING. (you can always get it back)

In the "Load scenario" screen there should be a "[Delete Map]" option then a confirm menu.(Do you want to delete this map? "YES" or Back)

Having to shoot the item dont work in edit mode..

Re: Delete in SandBox mode right now is a joke... Nothing is working.. No shooting No Boxs.. I have no gun in this mode.. Why is this so hard? I just want to remove this stuff... Like NOW!!

Googled it.. Looked on this form and its like hidden in some strange place. The wording DELETE ALL should be some place.

Can someone tell me how to Delete in that sandbox mode.. Do I have to change out of god mode and how do I do that now? Do I have to google something that should be easy to do.???

Putting stuff into a little wood box that holds almost nothing is a huge joke at this point. I would have to make hundreds of little boxs when I have large boxs that need to go...
Last edited by Lankster on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Delete every thing

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=21278 Recycling/Disassembling of Waste / Scrap / Trash

And I will add: It is interesting how the opinions about this subject changes over the years. I would say it would make sense now to implement such a super simple solution to this - always repeating - suggestions.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Lankster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Delete everything

Post by Lankster »

UPDATE:
After about a month with the game I found the Cheats and Mods work very well to get things done.

I still find little problems in SandBox mode where I do 90% of the game.

SandBox Mode needs a instant remove or place. (Like you want to cut a tree and your waiting for this status BAR to do its thing. waiting, waiting..) I want to clear a mass area and should be able to do so with nothing more then a right click on the mouse button delete and its gone. As fast as I can move my mouse around, the trees should be cut and gone. (just as robots do it)

Sandbox mode needs faster or Instant edit without the status bar or whatever that bar is that shows how slow Im cutting something..
The game map and adding and removing of anything thats placed. Maybe a menu with some so called cheat options at the top that just lets me build and delete as needed as fast as needed. Change landscape on the fly or add trees in a new area (more or less). A little speed control menu would be helpful as there are times when I would like to speed up and slow down the game.. (had to add a mode for this in version 0.14 but do not do everything as needed. Still have problems with speed of removing trees)

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Lankster wrote:Having to shoot the item dont work in edit mode..
Lankster wrote:(Like you want to cut a tree and your waiting for this status BAR to do its thing. waiting, waiting..)
Can you use grenades in sandbox mode? I've never tried.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Lankster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lankster »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:
Lankster wrote:Having to shoot the item dont work in edit mode..
Lankster wrote:(Like you want to cut a tree and your waiting for this status BAR to do its thing. waiting, waiting..)
Can you use grenades in sandbox mode? I've never tried.
Nope..

As Sandbox mode to me has a few little bugs It works best to use Creative Mode and god mode move around and build faster. There is still a bit of a problem with deleting stuff in the bag as it never ends it just keeps feeling the bag. humm

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”