Circuit wire

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

vtx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Circuit wire

Post by vtx »

It'll be very usefull to have more than only 2 colored wire. Because right now it's required to alternate color between input and output to prevent the signal to go beyond a certain point and break everything.

Also that will allow us to do more cleaner design because right now it's a little bit messy. Here a little something I work on.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =846021356

Because of the memory cell I must prevent the signal to enable/disable the inserter to be catch by the memory cell and the only way is to alternate color on inserter. Red wire is used to depile on the memory cell as the green wire is use for pile on it. As example a Blue wire could be use to connect the signal enable/disable to both inserter of the same assembly machine.

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Circuit wire

Post by hansinator »

Well you have to get creative and occasionally you have to add an additional no-op combinator. I don't think the game would benefit from more wire colors.

FunMaker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FunMaker »

The best would be to reduce wires to one and add channels - so it would be possible to send multiple valus of the same signal

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansinator »

FunMaker wrote:The best would be to reduce wires to one and add channels - so it would be possible to send multiple valus of the same signal
That adds complexity in configuration to all circuit-enabled entities and you will lose the ability to see how things are connected by hovering the mouse over an entity.

FunMaker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FunMaker »

hansinator wrote:
FunMaker wrote:The best would be to reduce wires to one and add channels - so it would be possible to send multiple valus of the same signal
That adds complexity in configuration to all circuit-enabled entities and you will lose the ability to see how things are connected by hovering the mouse over an entity.
Currently you do not see the settings of a combinator by hovering - so the burden is already there. In fact they could add indixes to the signaling ui that are added to the icon - so hovering would be no poblem.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

How about being able to give a name to networks?
hovering over the combinators would reveal, which group of combinators is responsible for this and that logic.
The name of a wire obviously would not effect the actual ID.

This is like commenting lines of code -> greatly helps people to understand it

vtx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vtx »

It's true adding more color will not help that many ppl. Alternate color wire did the job. While testing I be able to reduce to only one chest but also found that if I augment the request value I need to be sure the belt is large enought to hold everything, Yellow belt quickly take all the place. I also change the direction of belt to make sure assembly is served first before storage facility.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =847773160

Very helpfull the ability to see combinator condition.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General to Suggestions.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”