Improve the interaction between forces (multiplayer)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Unse
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Improve the interaction between forces (multiplayer)

Post by Unse »

Hello!
Search in suggestions have no result for me.
We already have Forces. And forces can be "enemy";"neutral" and "friendly".
But no difference between neutral and friendly state. We cannot interact with items of other forces.
And have no reason to PvP with enemy forces, cause you cannot steal they items\resources, only destroy. Senseless war.

I would venture to suggest the following additions:
1)
WHAT: Forces CAN open chests of all other forces.
WHY: If it enemy forces - you can make great war for easy resources, if it friendly force - you can share items, etc.
2)
WHAT: Friendly forces can interact with they trains, cars, buildings, gates(!), etc.
WHY: Example1 - I build shuttle train to my friend in friendly force. And only i can use it. >.< Example2 - friendly force boilers have out of fuel (my server NO pause when no players online). No electricity - no laser turrets - aliens destroy they building. But If I had the opportunity to put coal.. You know. Many reasons why it option can be helpful.

At this moment have no motivation to play in Multiplayer, if you want to separate research.

dadymax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Improve the interaction between forces (multiplayer)

Post by dadymax »

Vote this up!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Currently in 0.14 there are no "friendly" forces. There are just forces of which you've got a cease-fire. I added "friend" force support for 0.15 which gives you access to the inventories/entities on the other force.

It doesn't allow full access as if you owned everything but you can do most interaction. Things that won't work *quite* the same mostly revolve around blueprints/deconstruction.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

Rseding91 wrote:Currently in 0.14 there are no "friendly" forces. There are just forces of which you've got a cease-fire. I added "friend" force support for 0.15 which gives you access to the inventories/entities on the other force.

It doesn't allow full access as if you owned everything but you can do most interaction. Things that won't work *quite* the same mostly revolve around blueprints/deconstruction.
I assume chat will also still be separate between the forces unless you use /shout?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Articulating wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Currently in 0.14 there are no "friendly" forces. There are just forces of which you've got a cease-fire. I added "friend" force support for 0.15 which gives you access to the inventories/entities on the other force.

I assume chat will also still be separate between the forces unless you use /shout?
yes.

zackman0010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zackman0010 »

Will friendly forces be able to see each other on the minimap? Also, will the friendly setting be like the ceasefire setting is now: one side can be friendly while the other isn't?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

zackman0010 wrote:Will friendly forces be able to see each other on the minimap? Also, will the friendly setting be like the ceasefire setting is now: one side can be friendly while the other isn't?
See as in radars: no. That's not specific to enemy or not - charting for forces is limited to the force of the radar/entity that does the charting. As for the 2nd question: yes.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Just was asking some people about this today and directed me here. Any chance offering a global chat without /shout? Everyone keeps forgetting to use shout or not know about shout or hate typing /shout haha. Friendly one be nice to have a global chat option or an option to enable say global chat as default.

Looking forward to friendly forces though hardcore. My friend love our own research, etc but would like to be a bit more teamed up as in make outposts together share the rail stations, etc.. Not sure if rail stations can or will work but they were before so I assume it could again.

My biggest concern to all force modding is that I wish my game was vanilla with these options so I could earn achievements.

Either way looking forward to 15 :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”