Multi platform stations should show their name only once.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MrPaperShoes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multi platform stations should show their name only once.

Post by MrPaperShoes »

When going into the map train stations with multiple platforms are displayed like this;

I propose something like this;

I haven't found any mods, or any other posts which address this, if they exist please link them for me.

I believe that this small change in the map interface would make it a little easier to find stations, and personally I feel it looks much tidier.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multi platform stations should show their name only once.

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I think there should be a toggle on each Train Station to show/hide it on the map. It's easier to implement and more flexible.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Hovel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hovel »

Wouldn't it also be great that a station with multiple platforms act as 1 station for scheduling. Train would then look for an available platform.

Downside would be to add a filter to the unloading lines.

TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheUnknown007 »

Hovel wrote:Wouldn't it also be great that a station with multiple platforms act as 1 station for scheduling. Train would then look for an available platform.

Downside would be to add a filter to the unloading lines.
If you mean a station with multiple train stops: if you give them the same name trains will choose a free one, but already when they leave the previous train stop. So you often want a single train stop where they leave directly just before the station, so that they will choose a free platform (train stop) in the big station. You can also use a stacker before the first (single) train stop if the trains tend to arrive in bursts and you don't want to block any main line.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”