space-wide factorio: much more content

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tchenobyl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

space-wide factorio: much more content

Post by Tchenobyl »

i'll try to keep it short but if you want to know more lmk!

new objective: create a spacecraft (and not a rocket!) to travel to Earth, your home system
scenario (beta): Mankind has exploited Earth to its maximum. Soon humanity will disappear. While your mission to discover planet XXX located in blablabla, your spacecraft has been sucked into a wormhole and has crashed on a planet. Luckily you have managed to eject in extremis and the athmosphere lets you breath, this planet seems friendly... or not. Probe space and find your way home to Earth

Currently, factorio allows us to create a factory on one planet. I think it would be really cool to be able to create factories on other planets or moons (with limited buildig space) which would provide additionnal ressources (while limiting the type of ressources a moon/planet type gives) and interact with our home planet.
Ressources would be transported between space entities (moons/planets) with a spacecraft meant for that, and a special launchpad.
Player would be able to switch between maps of planets/moons etc...
Space entities (and earth, your objective) would be discovered using space observatories and their number would be determined in the game properties before creating the map
observatories will consume ressource(s) like science does if they are searching the space.

new techs for all that:
_improved optics + space discovery for labs
_character "spacesuit" to survive in space/moons/planets
_Infrared engines for your spacecraft
and much more...

This would bring up the game lifetime while adding more content and management.

thoughts?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: space-wide factorio: much more content

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

I dont think this kind of storydriven gameplay is what people in a sandbox game want. Also your idea is just a superimposed variant to the various mods that add new tech and stuff. Which is technically identical.

theman5142
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by theman5142 »

sandbox is what i like, just because you dont think people will like it or you dont does not mean to abandon it, for me i have given it purpose by the fact that i am expanding my factory to a distant city and just playing around with trains on a humongous scale and would not be able to achieve that with no robots, and once i built the rocket i never launched it, just left it for decoration. what i would like to see is different kinds of robots (including some battle drones that i seen in the mods) in vanilla. in fact that world is the first world i started and left it (have separate saves and test them with mods and keep my original) but you have to have interest, you dont need someone to tell you what to do in the game, i find that boring and it makes it into a movie, where you have no real control or influence on what is going on. but either way i would like to see better turrets with stronger enemies and alien events for example when you are producing so much pollution they dont just go after you but they either spawn a giant bitter or a new one that sucks all of your electricity, and if you want more of an objective you can have something out in the distance that would be valuable, like special weapon or item to craft a vehicle, there is more you can do and add in free play then what you can ever do in story mode. that is all i have to say

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”