Automating Blueprint Placement

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SoRaC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Automating Blueprint Placement

Post by SoRaC »

*Edit*TL;DR "Making your self-replicating factory shold be the endgame goal of factorio, ideas on how to make it a thing."

Hello guys, so, pretty standart late game issue, you got as much of everything as you need and dont know what to do with your game.
Perfect example this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... h=ddd8d90c

So yeah, launching the rocket its a pretty arbitrary win condition, and the only thing left to do is to launch more rockets, thats when usually we start a new save or get a mod or something, and expanding your rocket launching can be pretty tedious, and theres no way to automate the construction process.

The possibility of automating Blueprint placement, adds a last, late-game objective, to prepare a circuit network capable of deciding how to expand your factory, theres alot of ways to do it and so theres a lot of room to improve your self-expanding design many times, Also interesting people in the circuit network (witch sould have a tutorial on its own btw...)

So, how can the mechanics of this work?

Blueprint Placement Building Thingy- You fed it blueprints, it places it on X,Y Coordinates relative to itself, Blueprints are numbered, so a signal can easily choose witch blueprint to place, Same for X,Y Coordinates, probably should "take" the blueprint from one of the corners so people dont have to measure wheres the middle of the blueprint. also, descontructing everything on the way of putting the blueprint

Radars (or preferrably, a satellite radar) - Could output the location of resources (and also probably enemy bases), making the biggest square it can on the ore field, and outputting its location relative to it. (Example, 30*30 Coal Square, 40-X 60-y, could output 30 Coal signal, 40 X signal, 60 Y signal).

Signal Value table + building for it - It stores... signals with values! you could click it with an item and its recipe would be saved as value, the building could have different outputs for each one (outputting only the signals from a single table) , and could edit the values (again, they being numbered, it getting a signal for wich table to edit and then what to put in there.) ---- I was gonna save this for a circuit network suggestion, but it would be important to have here so you can keep track of how much resourses you need for each new factory part ---

i was already thinking on how could you make the circuit network for it, its doable, very complex, but then, thats what makes it good, the entire game its just teaching you how to do more complex things to offload work onto machines, so, your last most complex project is offloading the work of offloading the work onto machines, So your factory can spread like a cancer trought the world.
How could you build it
I hope you guys like it, i'd really love to see this in the game, i also dont know how to end a post, so yeah, bye :D

*Edit* Just now looking up the frequent suggestions, shoulda seen it coming, happy to know however it will sometime get implemented, i hope at least it could give insight into how to make it? can we discuss here on how could it work?

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Automating Blueprint Placement

Post by Yoyobuae »

SoRaC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SoRaC »

Yoyobuae wrote:There's a mod for that:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/justaran ... blueprints
thanks thats amazing, ill be checking it out soon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=27054 Self Replicating (e. g. with Blueprints)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”