Blueprint: Always deconstruct trees

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blueprint: Always deconstruct trees

Post by BenSeidel »

When constructing a new area and there are trees in the way, you are required to hold <shift> while you click to automatically deconstruct the trees. While I love this behaviour, it interacts poorly with the deploy partial blueprint functionality because it has the same modifier: <shift>

I continually find myself placing a blueprint while holding shift to remove the trees, only to find out that I am one tile out. This means that I have to cancel the construction (including the overlapped portion), and replace the two interlocking blueprints. May not seem like much, but on a rail network it can happen a lot.

While I realise that it would not be an issue if I was competent, simply allowing us to bind the options to two different keys or allowing us to always deconstruct trees and rocks in the way (because who the hell doesn't want to to that?) would keep me sane.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprint: Always deconstruct trees

Post by Boogieman14 »

This sounds like a useful change. I wouldn't mind seeing this as a config option. Choice between current behaviour (shift-click to remove trees AND override placement) and always remove trees/rocks, shift-click only to override.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Personally I deconstruct trees before building anything to give me room to work with. Removing them later once there's a ton of stuff built around them is a real headache.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes. This "issue" is for me the reason, why I think a filter for blueprints/deconstruction is super useful. I don't want to have an automatic here for several reasons.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=17948 Filters on (De)construction Planner
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

ssilk wrote:Yes. This "issue" is for me the reason, why I think a filter for blueprints/deconstruction is super useful. I don't want to have an automatic here for several reasons.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=17948 Filters on (De)construction Planner
In this reddit thread Rseding91 (in the first comment) posted a video showing how the deconstruction filter will be implemented in 0.15.
Video
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

I don't remove all the trees because it's a great pollution sink. Admittedly it's only a small % of the original tree population, but every little bit counts. I already have the filtered deconstruction planner (I don't play without it), but I still choose to use the shift-click to save as many of the buggers as possible. Every tree helps increase performance!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”