Allow blueprinting all vehicles

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Allow blueprinting all vehicles

Post by factoriouzr »

Allow blueprinting all vehicles.

When blueprinting, add another checkbox for including vehicles in the blueprint or not like concrete.

If vehicles are blueprinted, their fuel, ammo, weapon, inventory and equipment grids should also be stored in the blueprints and when being placed down, robots should fill in all these grids and items just as it was before. This functionality is just a natural extension of robots being able to add modules to factories.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Allow blueprinting all vehicles

Post by daniel34 »

You already made part of this suggestion here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37600
factoriouzr wrote:If vehicles are blueprinted, their fuel, ammo, weapon, inventory and equipment grids should also be stored in the blueprints
I don't think this is a good idea (except for equipment grids, as they are an equivalent to modules), unless you also add a checkbox for each of these options. If vehicles would be able to blueprint their fuel, ammo, inventory then the same thing should also be possible for other entities, like inventory in a chest, fuel in a furnace and ammo in a turret.
I'd rather use your vehicle loading idea for that: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38423
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

daniel34 wrote:You already made part of this suggestion here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37600
factoriouzr wrote:If vehicles are blueprinted, their fuel, ammo, weapon, inventory and equipment grids should also be stored in the blueprints
I don't think this is a good idea (except for equipment grids, as they are an equivalent to modules), unless you also add a checkbox for each of these options. If vehicles would be able to blueprint their fuel, ammo, inventory then the same thing should also be possible for other entities, like inventory in a chest, fuel in a furnace and ammo in a turret.
I'd rather use your vehicle loading idea for that: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38423

I think it would be great to give the player a checkbox for all these options as in most cases this would be really useful. It would be great to give the option using a checkbox when blueprinting. One to include inventory, one to include ammo and fuel, and one to include equipment grid.

I think that my vehicle loading area is a great one and would work in concert with this idea that I proposed. The vehicle loading area would be an automated way to refit many vehicles, especially trains but this blueprinting is a natural extension of what's already supported in the game and would be useful out in the field or for the player to pick up their vehicle and store all it's settings without sort of cheating and having the tank actually storing it's own inventory. This way all the inventory would go into the player's inventory, but would be placed back by bots when the blueprint of the tank is placed.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

I like the whole vehicle grid checkbox. Putting consumables in, as daniel34 said, would cause a "where is the line drawn" discussion, but the grid does sound good as they are functionally the same as modules.

I also like the idea that a deconstructed vehicle will have it's grid items removed before it gets picked up. Means you can have a "war tank" and "builder tank" blueprint and use your personal roboport to swap the grids round.

Yes! you build with a tank, waiting for the trees to burn takes too long and I'm not going round a forest!

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Now that blueprints are being reworked/improved, can we have this feature?

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprint Car/Tank

Post by Tekillaa »

TL;DR
Allow the player to make a BP of a car or a tank for its inventory filter

What ?
everything is in the title
Why ?
I begin to use a lot of car in my process, since i know we can make a BluePrint of a train, i wish to be able to make for car and tank too instead of making printscreen from a save.

Thanks you to the staff!
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

I asked how to blueprint tanks in another thread as I built myself a tank loading station and found that the tank with the item assignments would not blueprint. Annoying to have to re-do the assignments each game.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=71701

The concern was raised that the blueprinted tank could be abused by using it as a chest with a large hit-box.
tank.png
tank.png (3.64 MiB) Viewed 1445 times

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

The ability to blueprint vehicles with their inventory filters & their equipment grid makes sense to me. It's use is limited in vanilla, but still useful. It's usefulness in a number of other modded style playthrough is massive.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”