Add option to lock vehicles pickup

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Add option to lock vehicles pickup

Post by factoriouzr »

Add option (check box in vehicle GUI) to lock the vehicle so that it can only be picked up by the player that created it and they are the only ones that can change this option. This would be useful to prevent griefing in large games where players (especially with long reach mod) can pick up the vehicle as you are driving it. Not a big deal as it's not an issue in the games I play, but I think it would be a useful addition for large games.

Also add another check box that prevents vehicle pickup from any player in the vehicle GUI to avoid accidentally picking up your own vehicle only to realize that all it's inventory gets dumped into your inventory.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add option to lock vehicles pickup

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

IMO it should be impossible to mine a vehicle while someone is in it, period.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968 Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer: Lobby-Features, Joining, Mod&Game-Loading, ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:IMO it should be impossible to mine a vehicle while someone is in it, period.

I was thinking of suggesting that too, but then you won't be able to mine your own vehicle while you are in it unless you make an exception for the player that is in the vehicle. Perhaps it's better to get out of the vehicle first to mine it, but it's also convenient to be able to mine it while you are in it.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Lmao, if you're in a train at full speed and you mine the train do the cargo wagons kill you?

I can't think of any scenario it would greatly benefit play but I've accidentally mined the vehicle I'm in a few times and it's really annoying.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Lmao, if you're in a train at full speed and you mine the train do the cargo wagons kill you?

I can't think of any scenario it would greatly benefit play but I've accidentally mined the vehicle I'm in a few times and it's really annoying.
Yeah i've mined it too by accident and that's why I want an option to lock it lol.

As for the train, that's a great question. I bet it would kill you without power armor at full speed. You should test it :) but save first lol.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”