Upgraded walls

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Predator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Upgraded walls

Post by Predator »

Hello,
Wouldn't be nice to add more walls?
1. Stone wall 350 hp
2. Iron wall 500 hp. ( 1x stone wall + 5x iron plate )
3. Steel wall 750 hp. ( 1x Iron wall + 5x steel plate )
4. Barbed wall 1500 hp. ( 1x Steel wall + 2x cooper cable ) retaliate creatures but very small amount of damage - 1 hp / sec )
5. Advanced wall 2000 hp. ( 1x Barbed wall + 2x electronic circut ) + small regeneration rate if in range of electricity - 1 hp / 10 sec

I know that cooper cable is not a good for Barbed wall but maybe creating iron cable the same way as cooper cable ?
Regards,
Predator / Jacek

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Upgraded walls

Post by fregate84 »

I will prefer upgrade with technologies for my side.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

I think that there should be better tier of walls for behemoth class enemies, but five with small differences is too much and I think that also devs try to avoid adding too many more things to the game.

I think upgrading of existing entities by research should be thought to affect through some kind of firmware which could be easily copied and updated to existing entity. But it is hard to think that you could make existing wall stronger with such means. Even using old wall to ingredient of new is questionable. I would not use, but I think that most player hate to dispose anything. I would suggest that three hard wall would take 5 concrete and one steel and hard wall would have 1000 health and spitters could not spit over it.

What is point of Barbed wall? It seems to be relatively late game thing but 1 hp/s is absolutely nothing against big biters and less than nothing against behemoths (they probably heal at much faster rate). There is already so much weapons which are practically useless because too low damage against enemies.

Maybe there could be an electric fence which would produce 1000 damage and throw biting enemy 5 tiles back. It could be insanely expensive part of the "ultimate solution" for large bases after all research. On the other hand, such a special thing could well be a mod.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

A) This is perhaps more a balancing then suggestion. But that depends on
B) Why are such walls needed? I don't see any point in this, cause it adds zero game-play. :)

I think that it would be a good idea to use wood for walls, but mainly in the early game and only if you have too much.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Axios »

I think that a tier 2 wall with require concrete and steel would be enough...

Actually seems a little strange to simply place 4-5 lines of stone walls...

Also, concrete gate.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

ssilk wrote:A) This is perhaps more a balancing then suggestion. But that depends on
B) Why are such walls needed? I don't see any point in this, cause it adds zero game-play. :)

I think that it would be a good idea to use wood for walls, but mainly in the early game and only if you have too much.
Maybe if they add basic bots to early game, I wouldn't want to chop even moire trees.. Better walls would be neat imho though.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”