Construction robots don't deconstruct trees that block order

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Roblin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Construction robots don't deconstruct trees that block order

Post by Roblin »

...but they should in my opinion.

Issue:
many hours after setting up blueprint orders for extending my solar panel farm I came back to check on the progress, as it turned out it was completed... almost.
The corners had robots hovering in place trying to place their respective objects but being unable to as thee were trees in the way, normally, trees are cleared out of the way of ghosts placement because a deconstruction order is given to trees at the same time as the building order when placing blueprints, however, unlike deconstruction orders, construction ghosts last forever, so it is possible for the deconstruction order to time out while the construction robots will continue to attempt (and fail forever) to fulfill the order.

How I would solve it:
either make deconstruction orders permanent (or last just as long as blueprint ghosts)
or make it so that deconstruction orders are issued to the blocking trees when a robot fails to place a building due to an interfering tree.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Construction robots don't deconstruct trees that block order

Post by ssilk »

This is already reported as bug (By me, hrhrr :) ): viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9871 [0.11.21] constructions at the borders of construction area
and currenlty marked as minor issues. I hope this get's fixed sometimes, cause it effectively prevents modding such stuff (where it is also mentioned):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32982#p208156 A Blueprint Printer - creating multi-purpose factories in a different way

There are dependencies to
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot enhancements
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”