Knockback

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Knockback

Post by Garm »

I should hop on to the silly suggestions bandwagon.

Introduce knockback to the game

Knockback is triggered when a sufficient amount of damage is applied at once in a single hit.

Trains, cars, shotguns, rocket launchers are all eligible.

Knockback doesnt nullify the damage, but applies above the properly caused damage.

The severety of knockback scales with amount of damage. Shotgun might merely stop you in your tracks, while direct hit by train will send you flying.

If entity kiled by damage knockback still applies, resulting in flying corpse, or death upon landing.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Knockback

Post by Sedado77 »

Silly silly Garm...

I LOVE THE IDEA!!!

Flying bitter carcasses everywhere!!! xD

This can be implemented also as a little 2 tick "slowdown" when an enemy gets hit :D

Chthon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chthon »

I would only be cool with knockback if it were a sort of rag doll mechanic applied to already dead targets. This isn't a game made for twitch gaming. I don't want to worry about completely losing control of my character because a biter charged into me and knocked me into a corner. It's bad enough that they can completely surround me as it is.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

Chthon wrote:I would only be cool with knockback if it were a sort of rag doll mechanic applied to already dead targets. This isn't a game made for twitch gaming. I don't want to worry about completely losing control of my character because a biter charged into me and knocked me into a corner. It's bad enough that they can completely surround me as it is.
That is why i specifically meant knockback after certain threshold. So biters attacks shouldn't even stop the player, if he is properly geared. Only current creatures that are somewhat viable to cause knockback would be large worms.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”