Lamps Use CONDITION Color

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

danyg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Lamps Use CONDITION Color

Post by danyg »

Hi I'm trying to create a "dashboard" / status of the factory, measuring Oil amount or Coal in the Steam Machines buffers, my idea was to wire the whole factory and put some lamps each with a different color, when a lamp turn on would be an alarm to check that specifc thing, if the coal turn in I should check the harvesting of it etc...

The problem is that the Functionality Use Colors in the lamp always use the first Color signal it found, and if that light is using a different color as Condition is not beeing take in account, so if I use 1 single wire to carry all the color signals it won't work if there is more than 1 in ON mode, I think the image describe it proerly, each arrow define the expected color in each light.

Thanks for the amazing game.

DemiPixel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Lamps Use CONDITION Color

Post by DemiPixel »

You can easily fix this problem by having a constant combinator with the color you want for each one (hooked with red wire) and then have the signals be non-color values (just random items).

However, if you're checking a color condition, it seems extremely unlikely that you'd want to use the first color in the list as oppose to the color you're checking. I approve.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28173 Circuit set lamp color should pick highest value
which already includes two other threads.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I do agree, normally you would want the color you check against to be used.
Having to filter colors with a decider combinator before each lamp feels needlessly complicated.

When setting the lamp to Anything > 0 with use colors it should use the highest color value.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”