Need logging function

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Need logging function

Post by Tami »

Iam playing multiplayer with a bigger count of players, but sometimes their happen weird things, in other word: griefing.

In Starcraft you can see which player crafted what at wish time, this i would like to see here too, a crafting log to follow what player crafted stuff (by hand).

Also some gamecommands shouldnt disable achivements like game speed or disable handcrafting (by setting it to 0 for infinite duration for example)

Actually you can see place stuff and randomly turns belts, but you cant see who removed part of infrastructure like rails, belts, spltters.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Need logging function

Post by ssilk »

Log:
I think that could be also griefed: I place 100,000 walls. Have fun searching the logs for the one thing I have griefed.
Or in other words: Unlike Starcraft in Factorio you can do factor 10 to 1000 more actions per minute.

This suggestion might be useful, but needs more input!

Not disabling commandline completely:
You mean: There should be specialized commands for this, like /color etc...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

Maybe some sort of count for repeating actions, rather than logging each one individually.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, hm, I remove 1000 rails. Now prove me that the one rail I took was from another player.
:)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

ssilk wrote:Ok, hm, I remove 1000 rails. Now prove me that the one rail I took was from another player.
:)
off the top of my head. assuming last_user isn't changed Could be cleaned up a lot better. But I am typing sideways on a laptop,

script.on_event(defines.events.removed_event)

line = event.entity.name .. event.entity.last_user ..event.player_index
if line == temp then
count = count + 1
else
log(player.."removed"..count..line)
count = 0
temp=line
end

Granted there are ways around this. I really wish they left in built_by when they added last_user as they mean totally different things.

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by n7m6e7 »

Well. In the log it would just state (player Griefmaster has removed 100 rails consecutively(within X time of eachother) and built 500 walls. ) and it could keep info as to where on the map this happened. Then the moderator can check and make the call.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tami »

I even would spend time and watch a replay to see what happened there. But actually a griefer can grief and there is absolutly no way find the culprit.

The log could also be filtered by location like show me what happened in the last 5 minutes in the area X=10 - X=20; Y=10 - Y20.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Aha, that was, what I was aiming with my examples: It is too much afford to look through hundreds lines of logfiles.
You need to look at what players do before you log it.

A mod, that helps with griefing.

[And I think also from the other side: Players need to allow other players to do things, before the action is really done.
But that is another suggestion. :) ]

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”