Gaia options (nature sprites)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FiveNightsAtFatty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Gaia options (nature sprites)

Post by FiveNightsAtFatty »

Hello,

I want to suggest an idea that has to do with nature flora in the game, which is an option to config how natures ambient sprites and maybe possible trees and forrests their values can be altered and how they are being generated ingame.
Explaining this idea with some pictures:

One example of a good spread and placement by game values of flora sprites is this one

Since it is verry diffecult to pinpoint groups shows the variations is realy well done and looks really natural to the eye

Which is in comparison in my opninion with this one not really nice (which brought me up to this idea because of that particulair flora sprite)

Beside they are one of the most dominant sprite to the eye in combination with their placement rules makes it a bit awkward, they are to pinpoint without any diffeculty and nearly look likes ore deposts (+ a part pinpointed in green which I think looks good and natural)

An additional suggestion is for trees which I want to show some idea.

This is an example of which I think how the borders bewteen forrests and plains looks good, which the red ones are a bit straight, and dark green better, and the light green best (by consicedence the sprites on the ground at the light green one also add additional immersion but I am pointing about how the forrest thin out at the edges) (also I noticed with one red circle are the shadows a bit to blame which makes it looks there are less empty spaces in bewteen I noticed, so maybe forget that one)

When I was looking for examples I came across this one by considence.

The parts in the water which look like sprites are actualy random parts of ground ofcourse, but they are really adding to the view just by considence and makes it look there is some life in that water. Just to give the idea to add some life or sprites to the water/edges

Compared to this one which looks like someone has dropped some battery accid in it

Anway the idea is to add a option to alter nature in the game/how nature is generated.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Gaia options (nature sprites)

Post by aubergine18 »

I'd definitely like to be able to set options for trees, the same sort of options as exist for other resources.

Not sure about the 3 main resources though (oil, copper, iron) as they would get very difficult to mine if they were not concentrated blobs like they are now.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”