Things should break

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Things should break

Post by nuhll »

Its seems like the most ppl dont get the point. Im out.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

OK. I see that most people hates all micromanagement aspects and I am quite alone with my opinion that it makes technical games much more interesting. It is the same thing with KSP, if somebody suggest something management stuff. However, that game have modding interface which makes it possible to add such things by mods, even in quite sophisticated level, but I do not see such possibilities in Factorio. At least in practical and versatile ways (for example, there is not practical way to change individual assembler's speed depending on wearing level). It may be partially my lack of experience in lua and modding, but I have some programming experience (mostly hobby things).

Is it some kind of general rule that we should not discuss ideas which could be only moddable under these suggestion titles?

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

I think there were two different ideas involved here.

The first was a simple degradation proposal, but considering that there are only two ways to fix things in this game, it basically boiled down to either 1) tedious manual upkeep on everything, or 2) near-mandatory 100% roboport coverage and the accompanying logistics. No gameplay improvement was described for this.

The second involved things such as reduced performance based on degradation and requirements for unique repair/upkeep items, which are (if I understand things right) currently not even mod-able, owing to lack of a game backbone to support such things. I could actually see myself having fun with these sort of things, as long as it didn't require a PhD in combinator logic, but I can't see it being a good vanilla addition.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hannu wrote:Is it some kind of general rule that we should not discuss ideas which could be only moddable under these suggestion titles?
That is a good point. I wrote my opinion as moderator in this article at top of this board: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30240 I want to make suggestions, but I got links to mods!! :(

In short: Mods are the better suggestions. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

Here is a thought, then, intrroduce it as a mod first and then if a lot of people use it, you know it would be worthwhile to fold it into the base game.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”