New survival elements : New Alien Types Idea

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hkwh01
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New survival elements : New Alien Types Idea

Post by hkwh01 »

1. Mother
Limited only one can be exist on the map , she could build alien nest with a low rate of probability to support a sustainable alien colony.
With a low probability she can spit from very far away with splat damage to human structures.
She has high hit points, big size, but slow in movement .She will flee when human trying to approach.

2.Flying Alien
Fast , medium hitpoints, possible to bypass walls and randomly strike key human structures. Only AA turrets could hit them.

3.Sand worm alien
Possible to move underground to bypass walls and damage key human stuctures. Only mines or traps could damage it while it is underground.

4.Smarter Aliens
AI tempt to attack from different directions randomly rather than keep attacking the same spot.

Besides from just building a sim city, let this game have more challenging survival elements, and have a probability that alien colony overwhelm human colony.
Tell if if you think my ideas are interesting :D

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New survival elements : New Alien Types Idea

Post by steinio »

I would like the mother alien thing.
This could be the end game strategy.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factoruser »

- Flying, spitting (short range) aliens okay... "immune" to flame launchers BTW. Water monsters would be redundant.

A stronghold is better than the mother alien - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34376

Sandworms aren't good, but the worms may move very slowly to the border of their colonies towards the player's pollution and evolve - therefore a "small worm" may have e.g. 200, 250 and 300 hitpoints, then it turns into a "medium worm".

The AI would make an important part of the difficulty level. So it's a typical game setting. I'd suggest:

"IQ of a toaster": the aliens are getting randomly angry and attack in small groups primarly turrents, secondly everything that moves.

Higher "IQ": the aliens are attacking in bigger groups, could get frightened, avoid turrets and fire (although they still catch fire), flee and "regroup". Finally, they may prefer to attack the power supply of laser turrets for instance, and attacks are coordinated i.e. "zerg rushes" - the higher the difficulty level, the bigger the rushing army, which is also getting more compact and attacking a smaller area resp. distinct turret/power pole... Also colonies can become bigger depending on the difficulty level.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to the others in viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”