Logistics UI

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Brick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Logistics UI

Post by Brick »

For a start i'm not 100% sure this should be in suggestions or bugs given the reason for the post.

What i am going discuss is mostly the 'bug' that occurs when you have so much stuff in your logistics network that it goes behind a player UI.(See attachment)
I will also touch on some possible alternatives some of which have already been mentioned on the forum.

Possible solutions:
- Add a new logistics/storage tab kinda like the production/energy tab it could show what currently is in storage or how much it has grown.
(I might like graphs so i will be biased on that side.)

- Checking it by selecting something like a roboport/storage-chest kind of like you do with the power cable's but in a more basic manner.

- Movable UI. It speaks for itself and also has been mentioned before i saw so i leave that for others to talk about.

Note: While i made a similar post on the Steam Forum side of Factorio i feel like here is just better since the chance of feedback is just a lot better.
Screenshot
I'm a brick what do you expect? A song? It's not like i have lungs.... Just don't pave me over the road ok?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logistics UI

Post by ssilk »

There are many signs, that most of that long known issues will be fixed with 0.15.
Have also a look into
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=25782 Improvements of the Graphical User Interface (GUI)
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4832 Mouse / Touchscreen / Keyboard only interface
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Brick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Brick »

ssilk wrote:There are many signs, that most of that long known issues will be fixed with 0.15.
Have also a look into
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=25782 Improvements of the Graphical User Interface (GUI)
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4832 Mouse / Touchscreen / Keyboard only interface
For one i was aware that bits like the movable UI was already mentioned yet that there would be a fix in 0.15 i didn't know.
Regardless even in the links you gave me i haven't seen the idea of using graphs or a brand new tab(like production or energy) to add to the logistics.

Also just out of wild curiosity where on earth was that fix mentioned for 0.15 i assume that i probably red over it then but i haven't seen it anywherer.
I'm a brick what do you expect? A song? It's not like i have lungs.... Just don't pave me over the road ok?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

They haven't specifically mentioned a fix for this problem but they have mentioned an overhaul of the GUI quite a few times, and responded to a few of these queries with that there is being a GUI overhaul. I think it's in the roadmap and there are a few comments strewn about the place, might also be in an FFF or two.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Brick
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Brick »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:They haven't specifically mentioned a fix for this problem but they have mentioned an overhaul of the GUI quite a few times, and responded to a few of these queries with that there is being a GUI overhaul. I think it's in the roadmap and there are a few comments strewn about the place, might also be in an FFF or two.
I'l assume that i have been blind then in any case thanks the responds. :D

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

It's mentioned in FF 144 and there's a pretty big section on it in 156, also it is in the roadmap as I thought planned for 0.15 =)
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”