[Multi + Single] -Warfare-

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Linkjax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Multi + Single] -Warfare-

Post by Linkjax »

Greetings everyone,

-Warfare-

I have not found any suggestions of this nature posted thus far, so I look forward to seeing others like-minded suggestions on the matter in this thread.

The following are radical ideas for both expanding on Factorio's already addictive and fun game-play and using it as a base to add a never-before-seen level of consideration and complexity seen in any Military based game to date. These ideas may not come to possible fruition for quite some time later in development, and depending on how extensive work in this area becomes, may even constitute its own project. So, without further babbling, I will leave my brain dump here, put short and sweet at first for your convenience ;)

Have you ever played Sony's Infantry Online (1999)? (Ultra bonus for knowing the Combined Arms game mode) If so, then you already have an idea on the basis for inspiration here.

TL;DR/SHORT AND SWEET VERSION: Applying Factorio's automation to the production of a variety of munitions, weapons and manned/unmanned war-like vehicles (Programmable/Command-able minions), and utilizing them in glorious projectile-physics based warfare against Aliens and Players alike...(Added point for throwing an ICBM into the mix of ideas?)
After all, Joe-Schmoe from Blue Corporate's Terrestrial Exploitation Division and John-Doe from Red Conglomerate's Planetary Preservation Action aren't going agree on a great many things...

(It is understated that an expanded Tech Tree will follow the below.)
Ideas
Combat Mode
-Switching between Construction/Combat interfaces and controls with the push of a button. (Think RTS/FPS hybrids)
Player Based Projectile Physics.
-Weapons used by the player must be constrained in this way, to allow for a fair challenge and further weapon possibilities.
Weapons, Munitions, Vehicles
-At the automation level, not much will change with the addition of other weapons for player use.
-Special Factories (Requiring a plethora of resources of course) will allow the production of Tanks, APC's, Warplanes, etc.
-Munitions Factory (And a special one for an ICBM/Nuke) can produce all kinds of fascinating things that go boom in pretty ways.
Unmanned Vehicles/Robots
-A Tank, for instance, might be programmable to patrol a certain route and, based on conditions, repair/refuel/rearm as needed at designated locations.
-With Top-Tier Robotics Research, control them as you would in a typical RTS!
PvP/PvA (Alien)
-Something's gotta give, right? Whether it be from griefing, insults or you're just having a bad day and you don't like the color of his/her avatar... feel accomplished as you riddle them with bullets and explosives made from the ground up...by you! Home-made Satisfaction at its finest.
-Aliens: We can't mention Tanks and APC's without throwing in something to make that picnic a hell. Roving, not-necessarily-lumbering monstrosities that will make developing Tanks and advanced munitions not a luxury...but a necessity.
-ICBM/Nuke- Simply put, build a (Very Complex) Nuke and subsequently obliterate your rival's hard work into nothingness and drink his radioactive tears in victory. Better be clever and quick, he's doing the same......Or, if you're peaceful, just Nuke a rather uninteresting piece of land and watch the fireworks. That Radiation seems to have a rather unusual reaction to the local flora and fauna, however... :twisted:

...And there we have it. I hope you found these ideas inspiring or at least entertaining in some way, and I look forward to further feedback/discussion/ideas on the matter. If I inspire further work into the game or a mod, well I would be absolutely elated!

(Similiar/Like-Minded Previously Posted)
Walking Robots - https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3367
Factorio MMO[IDEA] - https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=2154
defensive/attacking combat robots - https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=2258

Thanks for reading ;)
-Linkjax
"Linkjax: Builds extensively complex systems of automation in mind-blowing ways......and then destroys a dozen cars by driving them into trees by accident." -Yoshinom

"I hate trees..." -Linkjax

Phy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Multi + Single] -Warfare-

Post by Phy »

Id rather see Factorio focus more on the factory making side over the combat.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”