Walking robots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DrShame
Inserter
Inserter

Walking robots

Post by DrShame »

Something like terminators, with whatever weapon and ammo you equip them with. Not overly fast but expendable. Could run on many kinds of fuel and maybe even have same upgrades as the player like armor / heavy armor / power armor ...

Would be awesome to build a small army of them, load them into an APC and send them to clear out a bitter nest and then do changes in their production and equipment based on previous performance :)

Alfdaur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Walking robots

Post by Alfdaur »

This would be a great addition for me. Being honest, I never really liked the combat drones. It felt really cheesy that they could fly without a flightframe. Sure, the combat drones work and add alot. But since the addition of a flying frame, I think that the combat drones at least should have gotten the same requirement. Seeing that combat is reworked in version 12 it may change yet.

When I first heard about combat drones, I thought they where walking monstrosaties, as large as bitter spwaners! :D But allas, they where small drones in the air. What I would like to see are walking steam/diesel-punk or clockwork drones. The drones would need feul and ammo to work. To help automate the arming of these soldiers it would be best to make them connected to the logistics network as a requisterchest.

Seeing that the devs already made a game word its money (in my honest opinion), I feel that the devs will make it even greater.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

I'm not a dev but the way I see it things like humongous walkers won't be possible for a while due to the horrid amount of sprites required to animate them and their impact on vram.

About flying frames, I feel they are too expensive for a disposable combat drone with limited lifetime. Actually, I feel they are too expensive overall...

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Drury wrote:I'm not a dev but the way I see it things like humongous walkers won't be possible for a while due to the horrid amount of sprites required to animate them and their impact on vram.
This could be procedural.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

This is a cool idea that i was thinking of as well. Mass producing an army of infantry bots late game and watching them take on the alien swarms would be epic =D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”