Car VS Trees

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Car VS Trees

Post by filippe999 »

Hi, so i've recently bought the game and yesterday spent the whole day playing, been through two levels, the concept is amazing. But i'm here to suggest something, the whole idea behind the Car works, but one thing that's really annoying me is the damage the car suffers from trees, i mean it makes sense for the car to take damage, considering i'm coming at 60Km\h against a stationary object, well, when i don't knock my power lines out by touching then with my car, it usually takes a lot of damage around from trees everytime i use it(not a good driver here, but if they add mouse control scheme similar to diablo to the car would be appreciated, but meanwhile this can work), so i suggest this:
Either:
An upgrade that you install to the car, such as a frontal saw, to cause melee damage to critters and, either significantly decrease damage from ramming entities or making the car immune to tree damage;
Simply diminishing tree damage a lot, like 70% so after crossing the map twice you end-up with more than 60% life;

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Car VS Trees

Post by Drury »

I think it's perfectly fine that the car isn't viable to drive in thick forests. It makes sense when you think about it.

And most of all, it makes space for a wider variety of personal vehicles. Quad-hexapedal machines that can pass through trees like ghosts (abstracted, to simulate as if they knew where to step not to bump into them), tracked vehicles/tanks that would simply knock the trees down without any damage done to their hull, VTOL's that would fly over them, maybe even underground vehicles... Cars are okay as fast and cheap vehicles for general transportation.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

A workaround: use the shotgun to clear trees on your way. It's a little slow but should help a bit.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Later on use poison, which is more effective.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

Drury wrote:I think it's perfectly fine that the car isn't viable to drive in thick forests. It makes sense when you think about it.

And most of all, it makes space for a wider variety of personal vehicles. Quad-hexapedal machines that can pass through trees like ghosts (abstracted, to simulate as if they knew where to step not to bump into them), tracked vehicles/tanks that would simply knock the trees down without any damage done to their hull, VTOL's that would fly over them, maybe even underground vehicles... Cars are okay as fast and cheap vehicles for general transportation.
I agree with you, just walking around in a mecha that dodges trees, would be a lot of fun, and if it traversed water would be even cooler.
But i still think hat they need a reinforced car :ugeek:

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I am more surprised trees don't break cars on first hit. Considering how much damage car can withstand currently in the game you have one well armored car.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Jouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jouko »

I think there should be a better car that could use the same equipment that the power armor uses. :D That would be interesting.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

I giggled.

LOL

On topic: But yup, think about it... if you ram a tree, even at 35 km/h (for 99% of the world, 20mph for USA... man, I really don't understand why do they have that silly imperial system) your car gets WASTED. here, you just damage it. I think it's accurate, and gives place to (in the future) more types of vehicles as Tanks, Mechs and whatnot :)

Also, driving the car IS hard. Don't feel bad if you destroy a lot of them, it's a common thing

Hyena Grin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyena Grin »

Mostly, I would just like to see placed objects being more resistant to being destroyed by the car.

I mean, those big steel electrical towers seem to topple over in a stiff wind. I've knocked over an electrical tower just because I got into my car, thought I was facing one direction, and ended up accelerating into the tower in front of me. I expect more from a steel tower.

A reworking of collision damage/health would be nice. The car should take damage as per normal, but you should get more leeway when accidentally ramming into placed objects. Having to repair them is consequence enough.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I agree.

For car - less damage all around. Significant damage only if you try to ram into something and max speed, totaling the car unless the target is squishier (e.g. Biter spawner)

We will be getting tanks probably in the future so that would help with travelling with no care about obstacles.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”