In-Game-Time

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Sasuga
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

In-Game-Time

Post by Sasuga »

I would like to have an indication of how many in-game days have passed, and/or would like to see total playtime displayed in the game. Right now I can see the total play time on my last save, or saves, but since we're trying to launch a rocket into space, I think it would be fun to see how long it takes me to reach this goal, and then see if I can improve that time on my next play through. Otherwise I can't really tell if I'm doing better or worse (very easily) then my previous play-through.

A simple clock that shows total in-game-play time in one of the corners would be nice.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: In-Game-Time

Post by steinio »

You can use Bob's Clock mod or for more information like position kills and so on I recommend you EvoGui.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: In-Game-Time

Post by bobingabout »

steinio wrote:You can use Bob's Clock mod or for more information like position kills and so on I recommend you EvoGui.

Greetings steinio
My mod only includes a "Current game time" clock, not the rest of what he was asking for. It simply takes the gametime variable (A floating point number from 0 to 1) and converts it to a readable 24h clock format.

The game does allow you to know how many "Ticks" have passed since game start, and considering there is a direct correlation between ticks and real time (Assuming you are running at 60UPS), calculating how many days, minutes, seconds and hours of relative real time has passed since the start is doable... as is including number of game days on that clock. (Again, a game day is an exact number of ticks long) It's just something I haven't done.

Of course, it wouldn't exactly be a perfect representation, it is possible to change the game's time of day, so if you've ever done that, or used a mod that does that (IE, to change the day/night cycle somehow), the clock will be wrong. (as in, it might change the game's date at strange times of the day)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”