Alien Civilizations

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Almalexia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Alien Civilizations

Post by Almalexia »

I occurs to me that, besides the biters and spitters and spawners and worms, there could be other, more advanced alien NPCs as well, sometimes in communion with the baser lifeforms and sometimes at odds with them - imagine this: when exploring very far from your crash site, you would find towns of people living their lives, some very tribal with the ability to tame biters, and some very technological and intent on protecting themselves from the roving predators, and you'd be able to choose between warring with or against them, and if you made yourself an ally of one of the factions you'd be able to trade with them :)

Radioactive Pretzels
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Alien Civilizations

Post by Radioactive Pretzels »

And only aliens have special organic assemblers that create items that you yourself cannot. If you're friendly, you can use the assembler in their town (but can't move it). Your "trade" may just be feeding in stuff to the alien assembler and getting new products out. Perhaps Alien Science packs are only obtainable in this way.

You could use this idea even without actual live aliens. Call it an alien ruin.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Alien Civilizations

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”