bigger goals then launch satellite.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

longshotnl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

bigger goals then launch satellite.

Post by longshotnl »

I have created a pollution free base launched satellites, completed most of the achievements and now i am wondering what to do next.
What i am craving for is a huge task to complete. something why you really need to put your trains and mind to work.

My ideas:

Enemy boss
A giant radar beacon, if build it shows the whole map and then self destructs but on the map you keep seeing everything but with fog of war.
Once the map is explored you see an enemy boss base far away in blue instead of red. you can make your way to the enemy and try to destroy it. Of course the aliens now are too easy if you have destroyers and mk2 with some shields. It should really be a challenge to take down a boss. For example make a train wagon fill it with nukes and drive it into the base somehow and make it explode.
The farther an enemy base is, the harder it should be to destroy. With pollution harder bases get closer and the other way around too.
So then you need to be constantly supplied by trains because its a long walk back and make a front to battle against harder aliens to make your way to the enemy boss.
To stay in the front as a player battling there should be an incentive.
So lets say there is an enemy which destroys everything friendly within a large range every 60 seconds. Then you have 60 seconds to fight trough all enemy aliens and destroy it. And then there are different types. some are vulnerable only to bullets, some to destroyers, some to tanks. You need to figure out what type it is. Some are close to each other so you have different time periods in between destructions so you need to time your attack better. Maybe it helps to work together to destroy the enemy. An incentive for multiplayer. Maybe some area's are almost impossible to clear, then you may have to go around it and use landfill and make extra defenses for your path of travel from the persistent enemy presence.
Once the enemy boss is destroyed, you can make another radar beacon, when launched shows a different enemy boss.

Make a large statue
Very many resources needed to make a statue. Does not have a purpose other then to show that you have one and keep occupied building it.

Make an army to send to the enemy
Perhaps instead of attacking the enemy yourself, you can make an army to do it for you. If your army is too small, it would get destroyed quicker then if it would be bigger.

A dome
A energy dome that can grow. The dome acts as a shield and destroys alien bases that come within it. The growing of the dome costs a lot of resources. Keeping it active costs a lot of energy. One type of alien could be immune.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: bigger goals then launch satellite.

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame

See also
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=22919 Decorations / Headquarters / Home / Houseing
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”